CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mission Possible Week of May 18-23

I am a subscriber to another great blog, A Virtuous Woman and she has a weekly activity that bloggers and others can participate in called the Mission Possible. She explains that the idea is to take the resources each of us have available including coupons, rebates, CVS Extra Care Bucks, Register Rewards from Walgreens, and the weekly ad circulars--to get the things our families need and can use, keeping the out-of-pocket costs as low as possible. I have never participated, but decided to do so this week, too bad I did not do last week's- so here goes:

I have to admit that I made several trips to Meijer this week so I could take advantage of the double coupons and great deals, but they only let you double 2 at a time of the same coupon so I always end up making several trips in there when I travel to pick up my daughter from school and drop her off.

Kroger:

Gallon of Milk
1 bottle Hunts Ketchup
2 bottles Kraft BBQ Sauce
Pint Horizon Whole Cream
3# Roll ground Chuck
Pint Deli Cole Slaw
6- containers 8qt Koolaid Mix
3 Cans VanDyCamp Pork and Beans

total 11.21

Meijer- going to combine totals from all visits

10 jars ragu- 4.00
5 bottles Kraft Salad Dressing .40
2 Bottles A-1 Steak Sauce- Free
2- 16 ounce container Country crock margarine- free
4 -16 ounce packages Kraft Cheese Slices-2.40
4 packages Knorr Rice and Sauce- 1.50
4 packages Ortega Taco Mix- .64
2 bags Lay chips- 3.99
10 boxes green Giant Frozen Vegetable 5.00
2 24 Pack Cokes and 1 12 pack- 11.00
3 pounds bananas- .51
2 loaves Aunt Millie's Bread- .98
5 Healthy Choice Frozen Meals 6.50
5 ears fresh corn- 1.00

Total 37.92

I really love saving money and getting the best deals!

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Thank so much for participating in MIssion Possible and linking to your post! I appreciate the link-up, and will have next week's Mr Linky up soon. You can link mulitple posts all week long if like.

Thanks again!